Why Microfiber is the Best Material to Make Tyroler Products
- November 1, 2020
All Tyroler products have been made with high-quality materials, to ensure they produce high-quality cleaning results. One of the materials used is microfiber, so here is a guide to microfiber and what makes it the best material:
What is Microfiber?
Microfiber is a synthetic textile made from polyester and nylon (polyamide). The fibers are split much finer than human hair, creating lots of tiny fibers that can get into the tiniest of cracks and pick up dirt that regular cloths cannot. It is thought to have been first developed in Japan, with the failed intention of creating swimwear. Having been later adapted, the new and refined fabric became the microfiber we know and love today.
There are several grades of microfiber you can buy with different deniers, which refers to how fine the fibers are. The smaller the denier value, the finer and more effective the microfiber is. Cheaper microfiber products may not be as high quality and as effective as other products, so you should only purchase quality microfiber products from a vendor you trust. Because of the larger surface area, microfiber has a much higher water absorption level. This larger surface area can absorb more liquid and collect more dirt and grease than a regular cloth would. Microfiber also dries much faster than regular cotton and is much more lightweight.
Why is Microfiber so Effective?
It Captures More Dirt and Bacteria
- Microfiber is more effective at picking up microbes and bacteria when compared with regular cloths. The fine fibers can get into cracks and crevices and they are like 100s of tiny little fingers, picking up the particles. This means that cleaning with a silicone microfiber mop will ensure you reach into all the cracks, eliminating more bacteria than a regular mop would. Because it is made of silicone it is flexible and can fold and so it reaches corners, panels and more. In fact it’s so amazing, a patent has been registered for this product!
- You can minimize the usage of detergents, as microfiber does not rely on detergents to remove dirt and dust particles. Regular cleaning works whereby the detergent sticks to the dirt so that it can be wiped away. Microfiber can effectively cling to the dirt without the help of the detergent, reducing the need to use one. A small amount of water can be used to help loosen the dirt, but detergent is not always necessary.
It is Better for the Environment and More Allergen Friendly
- Detergents can sometimes be harmful to different surfaces and materials, as well as harmful to the skin and cause allergies. Microfiber reduces the need for detergents, which is good news for our skin.
- This also means that microfiber is more environmentally friendly, as you need less detergent and water when compared with regular cleaning methods. Instead of the traditional method of using lots of soapy water, and then lots of rinsing away, you can use less detergent or even no detergent, and the microfiber will capture the bacteria and dirt.
- You can effectively clean and polish without relying on detergents. It is all thanks to the size of the tiny fibers, which can remove 99% of bacteria as well as some viruses. Virus-specific detergents should still be used when dealing with specific viruses, but when combined with microfiber, surfaces can be cleaned much more effectively.
- This also means that mopping floors is safer, as there is less liquid to slip on and surfaces dry much faster. It also means that there is no heavy mop bucket and mop to wring out, and there is less water consumption. Using a wet-and-dry method means mopping is easy and effective.
- The mop is made of silicone, so it does not scratch any furniture around the house
Products that Use Microfiber and How to Use Them
The main Tyroler product available that utilizes the microfiber cleaning system is the multipurpose floor mop. It has a silicone cast head that is flexible and doesn’t damage any surfaces, and the head microfiber pad, which can be removed and washed. The mop also features 360 swivel head to easily maneuver around the room. This combination of design and materials means that the Tyroler mop is a smart and effective tool to clean floors with. The microfiber and silicone combination mean that it can be safely used on all kinds of floors, including laminate, hardwood, stone flooring, tiles and concrete flooring. The dust microfiber mop can be used wet or dry depending on your needs, and the microfiber pads are removable and washable.
How to Clean Your Microfiber Products
Rinsing thoroughly will remove some of the trapped dirt and dust before washing in a machine. It is recommended you wash microfiber separately from other items, as it can attract lint and hairs from the rest of your laundry. Washing in the machine with regular detergent is fine, and microfiber is much more durable and long-lasting than regular cotton fabrics. Avoid washing with bleach, as this will reduce the lifespan of the microfiber. You should also refrain from using fabric conditioners, which can make the microfiber less effective. Because microfiber dries so quickly, it is easy to air dry, however, a short, cooler cycle in the dryer will be OK if necessary.
Hopefully, this guide has explained why microfiber is the best material, so you can trust it to clean your home effectively.